Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Felt Like I Was Being Electrocuted



Share/Bookmark
I'm sitting here reading and I am reminded of the worst day I ever had as an Alzheimer's caregiver. It is difficult for me to describe what I felt during those moments. I felt like I was being electrocuted...
At the time, I was filled with an enormous anxiety. I felt like my body had been thrown into the air and I was cartwheeling out of control through space. I felt the electricity.
I took several deep breaths and let the air out slowly. I was trying to get my feet back on the ground. I suppose I might have been on the edge of depression. I felt like I was standing on the edge of a cliff once I got my feet back on the ground.
I tried to think and I tried to feel. It was difficult to do it.
Read more at www.alzheimersreadingroom.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment